The Capital Market authority (CMA) is the regulator and supervisor of the capital market and insurance sectors in Oman. Its strategy aims to upgrade the sectors and maximize domestic and foreign investors’ confidence in the local market. It strives to build the right environment for continued development of the institutions operating in the capital market and insurance sectors through diversification of products and involvement of a wide group of participants to achieve utmost added value for the Omani economy.
Our actions and measures lead to fair, high quality, growing and sustainable markets As a result of the work we do, we aim to have the following impacts on financial markets:
1. Investors understand, and have confidence and trust, in the regulation and functioning of the financial markets, and have confidence in financial advisors
2. Financial markets are efficient, fair, and clean.
3. Financial markets are resilient, attractive, growing, and offer a range of quality and beneficial products and services
4. Investors have access to understandable information they need to make informed decisions
5. Financial markets participants have clear and well-understood responsibilities, and act responsibly and properly towards all counter-parties
6. The costs and benefits of the regulatory regime are proportionate
7. Risks to the CML and CMA's objective are identified, and suitable responses implemented
8. Financial markets are growing faster than GDP
9. Financial markets are contributing economic value to the Sultanate
Thank you for your feedback