The Capital Market authority (CMA) is the regulator and supervisor of the capital market and insurance sectors in Oman. Its strategy aims to upgrade the sectors and maximize domestic and foreign investors’ confidence in the local market. It strives to build the right environment for continued development of the institutions operating in the capital market and insurance sectors through diversification of products and involvement of a wide group of participants to achieve utmost added value for the Omani economy.
The Capital Market Authority assumes the following duties and responsibilities:
· Supervising Muscat Securities Market
· Supervising Muscat Clearance and Depository Company.
- Supervising Center for governance & sustainability
· Licensing, supervision and regulation of :
- Public joint stock companies
- Companies operating in securities.
- Insurance companies and brokers
- Credit rating companies.
· Developing the capital market and insurance sectors through conducting studies and setting out laws and regulations in line with the best international practices.
· Enforcement of the laws under its jurisdiction
Thank you for your feedback