CMA is the regulator and supervisor of the capital market and insurance sectors as per its strategy to upgrade the sectors, maximize domestic and foreign investors’ confidence ,continued development of the institutions operating in the capital and insurance sectors, diversifying the products and involve greatest number of participants to achieve utmost added economic value for the Omani economy
The Capital Market Authority assumes the following duties and responsibilities:
· Supervising Muscat Securities Market
· Supervising Muscat Clearance and Depository Company.
- Supervising Center for governance & sustainability
· Licensing, supervision and regulation of :
- Public joint stock companies
- Companies operating in securities.
- Insurance companies and brokers
- Credit rating companies.
· Developing the capital market and insurance sectors through conducting studies and setting out laws and regulations in line with the best international practices.
· Enforcement of the laws under its jurisdiction
CMA regulates regulations required to develop the capital market and insurance sectors. CMA regulates regulations required to develop the capital market and insurance sectors.
1) Regulating, licensing and monitoring the issuance of securities: 2 ) Supervising:
3. Awareness role:
CMA is keen to upgrade the efficiency of investors and policyholders and to achieve this, CMA spreads awareness in matters related to investment and rights of investors. Moreover, CMA enhances awareness of directors and management, establishes saving concept and investment , enhances awareness of the public on the importance of capital markets and dealing therein and enhances awareness on insurance for all the segments of the community. Through conferences, workshops, and issuing booklets and awareness brochures.
Thank you for your feedback