CMA is the regulator and supervisor of the capital market and insurance sectors as per its strategy to upgrade the sectors, maximize domestic and foreign investors’ confidence ,continued development of the institutions operating in the capital and insurance sectors, diversifying the products and involve greatest number of participants to achieve utmost added economic value for the Omani economy
The Capital Market Authority assumes the following duties and responsibilities:
· Supervising Muscat Securities Market
· Supervising Muscat Clearance and Depository Company.
- Supervising Center for governance & sustainability
· Licensing, supervision and regulation of :
- Public joint stock companies
- Companies operating in securities.
- Insurance companies and brokers
- Credit rating companies.
· Developing the capital market and insurance sectors through conducting studies and setting out laws and regulations in line with the best international practices.
· Enforcement of the laws under its jurisdiction
Thank you for your feedback